Refinery Turnaround Planning, Scheduling & Cost Estimation
Refinery Turnaround Planning, Scheduling & Cost Estimation
Date & Location: (12-25/Feb) Kuala Lumpur – ( 5-18/Nov) Istanbul
Refinery Turnaround is one of the most significant events which an operation Refinery plant faces. In order to ensure that the Turnaround is used as an opportunity to ensure the reliable continued operation of the plant during the interim periods between events and that the Total Cost to the Business is minimized.
It is Essential that we fully understand what works must be carried out during this event. Implementation of a Refinery Turnaround Management is always aimed to meet four main
Criteria: high standard of HSE, good working quality, optimum Turnaround cost and optimum duration. The Refinery Turnaround Management team generates work activities starting
With clearly defined Turnaround mission, key performance indicators that assist the team to align their work activities to meet all these targets.
Also Turnaround requires precision Planning and maximum efficiency. No matter what size of your Refinery turnaround are, they will have dramatic impacts on your output levels and bottom-line
Profitability. As the need for increasing productivity and business results continues across all industries, the effective management of turnarounds becomes crucial. Plant
Reliability is essential to achieving desired output levels and business success.
Planning and managing shutdowns, turnarounds and outages in the process plant environment is a complex and demanding function. If turnarounds are not properly
Planned, managed and controlled, companies run the risks of serious budget overruns, costly schedule delays and negative impacts on customers.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will understand the practices that have been successfully applied to turnarounds. All the practices that will be presented have proven to be successful in lowering turnaround cost and reducing turnaround duration while still achieving the required plant reliability.
- To conceive and follow a Refinery shutdown schedule.
- To learn about strict works schedule for Refinery Turnaround planning in the different departments involved in a unit shutdown.
- To provide an up-to-date information on present and future trends processes of oil refining.
- Will have better understanding the causes of Turnaround failures and
How to overcome the issues
- Understand the importance to have proper Turnaround Management process
- To enhance the company’s turnaround management capabilities, and to ensure a team approach in the planning and execution of plant shutdowns and turnarounds
- Provide a comprehensive understanding of effective turnaround management techniques and implementation
- Create awareness of planning methods and an integrated organisational approach in the execution of successful turnarounds
- Incorporate latest developments in turnaround planning and management techniques and emerging industry trends
- Have a much clearer understanding of their own and every other team members role in ensuring a successful turnaround
This program is designed to address the needs of:
- Managers and supervisors involved in turnaround planning, scheduling, and execution and all personnel responsible for the planning, scheduling, management and execution of the turnaround. It includes, among others, the plant manager, maintenance manager, turnaround manager, turnaround planner/scheduler and field supervisors.
Often the maintenance manager will also act as the turnaround manager. Also, field supervisors could consist of contractor personnel.
- Refinery Turnaround Directors or Shutdown Managers and Coordinators
- Planning/Scheduling and Cost Control Staff
- Construction Superintendents and Supervisors
- Operations Shutdown/Outage Coordinators
- Project Managers, Engineers and Contract Administrators
- Plant Managers
- Inspection groups
- Maintenance groups Participation from Contracts & Procurement, HSE group and Engineering groups are also
Mechanical engineers with at least five years’ experience in the turnaround or maintenance area in an oil refinery.
- Introduction to Refinery Turnaround, Shutdown.
- Turnaround Management and Philosophy
- Milestone Plans
- Work Scope
- Why Turnarounds and Shutdowns are required
- Key success factors in Turnaround Management performance
- Barriers in the implementation of the Turnaround Management
- Long term strategic plans
- Turnaround risk management
- Formation of turnaround organization ,roles & responsibilities
Turnaround Tactics & Preparation
- The shutdown and turnaround phases
- Scope development process
- Capital projects and plant modifications
- Cost estimation
- Cost Management
- Turnaround Planning
• Contract strategy-types of contracts and contractors
- Process Operations
Turnaround Execution Plan
- Strategic Planning
- Scope Control
- Detailed planning
- Resources planning
- Quality planning and management
- HSSE planning and HSSE Management
- Revision and review of procedures
- Procurement and Materials Management Trainings
- Contingency and risk mitigation plans
- Pre Turnaround planning
- Execution and Cost Control
- Dealing with emergent and additional works
- Communication and progress reports
- Turnaround Performance KPIs
- Turnaround Readiness Assessment
- Turnaround Closure and Lessons Learnt
- Close Out Assessment
Other Aspects of Turnaround planning, scheduling & cost estimation
- Material Procurement Problems
- Organizational Problems
- Communication Problems
- Logistics/Security Problems
- Execution Problems
- Closeout Problems
- Pre-Turnaround Reviews Problems
Emphasis will be placed on planning, scheduling, and management of turnarounds. Work selection, which is a key factor to turnaround duration and cost, will be discussed and a methodology presented to optimize the work scope.