Location: Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia
Date: From 20 Until 24 November /2017/
Uncertainty and risk exist in every supply chain. Customer demand can never be forecast exactly, shipping times will never be certain.
Suppliers may be unable to produce and deliver materials or goods on time. Outsourcing business functions to third parties may not deliver the cost savings, capabilities and efficiencies initially anticipated.
This course is designed to cover the expected and non-expected risks in the aviation supply chain and aviation logistics, and discuss the techniques and strategies to manage these risks in the aviation supply chain and logistics.
- Senior managers and consultants responsible for domestic and international supply chain and Aviation logistics operation systems.
- Managers who want to gain a deeper understanding of the role supply chains play in a company’s overall business strategies, and supply chain risks which effects to the overall business.
- Aviation Operations, purchasing, inventory control and transportation managers who want to ensure high customer service levels.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and assess the nature of risk and vulnerability in aviation supply chains
- Recognize and utilize appropriate tools and techniques to deliver effective supply chain risk management
- Use segmentation and other business tools to reduce supply chain vulnerability in supply chain
- Develop a comprehensive supply chain risk management strategy to mitigate risk using supply chain analysis and process mapping techniques
- Control risk in the supply chain on an on-going basis through the use of appropriate tools, techniques and processes.
- Learn how to do effective plan for the risks in logistics and aviation supply chain
Day 1 :
- What is Supply Chain Management?
- Supply Chain Management Processes.
- Aviation Supply Chain.
- Trends and developments in supply chain management.
- What is (supply chain) risk?
- Introduction to Risk Management of SCM.
- Different types of risk.
- Sources of risk, exposure and types of loss.
- Analysis tools: Political, Economic, Sociological, Technological, Legal, Environmental (PESTLE); Porter’s 5 Forces; Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats (SWOT).
- What are typical supply chain risks and its sources?
- Demand Forecasting.
- Inventory Man
- Combining Lean and Agile Manufacturing.
- Risk management tools and techniques.
- Developing a risk management strategy and process.
- Tactics and tools for risk management.
- Quality, ethics and legal risks re: global sourcing.
- Supply Chain Strategies Aimed at Matching Demand and Supply.
- Managing Supplier Risk.
- Managing the Risks of Outsourcing and Offshoring.
- Supply Chain Trends.
- Supply chain disruptions & vulnerability.
- Risk perception.
- How to manage and mitigate risks?
- Best Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) practices.
- Discussion & case study.
- Exam for Candidate + Certificate.