Location: Kuala Lumpur – Park Royal Hotel
Date: From 26 Until 30 Nov. /2017/
About the course:
• Organizations always need activities and events to reach the broad spectrum of their targeted audience with their services.
• These activities take the form of events, conferences, seminars or workshops competitions and competitions.
• Thus, special events such as conferences, exhibitions, festivals and celebrations, whether national, institutional or personal, are one of the most important activities that occupy the activities of several entities among ministries, institutions and independent entities.
• On the one hand, many countries, including the Arab countries, have become increasingly interested in hosting and organizing special events, whether heritage, sports, charity, economic, educational, security, tourism or other, in pursuit of several objectives, including economic, cultural, social, charitable, educational, media and security.
• At the organizational level, the need for a deeper and more professional understanding of planning and management of events and conferences has become an urgent need, and senior leaders in the administrations of different organizations may have assumed that in order for the organization to reap the benefits of these events and conferences, these activities should be planned in a distinctive and effective manner.
• Today, the organization of exhibitions and professional conferences is one of the most demanding activities in the modern era, in response to the large number of activities carried out by different companies, institutions and organizations, and for various purposes as well. This led to the specialization of some companies in this activity specifically to meet the demand Growing it.
• This is the result of the emergence of the need for teams to be able to plan and implement those events in an effective scientific manner that fulfills the organization’s objectives of organizing these events and conferences.
• The majority of those involved in the planning, organization and management of special events believe that the organizational success of these events depends mainly on the accumulated knowledge and experience of the team.
Therefore, organizations have begun to research modern management sciences and systems, especially in terms of marketing and management of the workforce, on the knowledge and expertise that develop the knowledge, abilities and skills of their personnel entrusted with holding exhibitions, conferences, celebrations, events, seminars and meetings, and bringing them to the latest knowledge, expertise and techniques in this field through training programs from Before experts in the planning, organization and management of events and conferences to save money, effort and time and raise the efficiency and effectiveness of workers in this area to achieve the objectives of organizations to organize these events and conferences.
In this training program we discuss the dimensions of planning for events, conferences and events, and the challenges they face and how to confront them.
• Understand the basic concepts of conferences and exhibitions (definition, types, importance).
• Knowledge of the basic concepts related to the science and art of planning and managing events and conferences.
• Recognize the importance of the industry of events, conferences and exhibitions.
• Identify the mechanisms of building mental image and corporate identity through conferences and events.
• Identify types of events, conferences and events.
Learn how to determine the organization’s need for any occasion.
Acquaintance with modern scientific and practical methods in planning, organizing and managing the activities of different events.
Train participants on planning and effective planning skills for conferences and exhibitions (pre-during and after).
Learn how to plan and set conference and event goals for successful conferences.
Identify the mechanisms of developing operational plans for the implementation of events and conferences.
Identify trends and successful practical applications and creative methods in event management.
Identify the mechanisms of forming committees and task forces for successful events and conferences and the distribution of roles and tasks and delegation of powers.
Learn about the steps of working in the management of events and conferences and tools for assessment and follow-up of personnel working in them.
Identify the methods of determining the conference budget or effectiveness.
Identify the uses of modern means of communication and technology in organizing events, conferences and exhibitions.
Identify the methods of strategic planning in the field of public relations (protocol, decrees, etiquette).
Introducing the principles of protocol and etiquette in conferences (receiving / rendering / giving gifts, etc.).
Identify the mechanisms of applying the rules and principles of protocol and protocol in occasions, meetings, banquets and reception methods for official guests and visiting delegations.
Learn about the art of dealing with the public in events and conferences.
Learn about the art of dealing with the media in events and conferences.
Learn how to behave in different situations.
Address local and international experiences in organizing conferences and exhibitions.
Persons participating in the session
This training program specialized in planning, event management, conference and exhibition management is a basic requirement for all leaders and managers of institutions in general, directors of departments, heads of departments, media managers, press and television workers, advertising and media professionals. Institutions, ministries, public relations, institutional communication, government liaison, media campaigners and the public opinion industry, as well as in their careers and candidates. These positions include the employees of the companies responsible for the establishment and organization of exhibitions and conferences, exhibitions and conferences managers, designers and organizers of exhibitions and conferences, media coverage of exhibitions and conferences, all those working in exhibitions and conferences, and those wishing to change their current career. And enter the field of organizing exhibitions and conferences Objectives of the program (the overall objective of the program)
What will the program participant benefit from after attending the program?
Katsab and document your knowledge and skills in the planning and management of events and conferences.
To be in line with modern education in planning and managing events and conferences.
To make your way in the field of event management and conferences.
To achieve personal goals of development and knowledge development.
To work effectively and in accordance with international standards in the planning and management of events and conferences.
To learn the latest patterns and trends at the hands of pioneers and professionals in the planning and management of events and conferences
Module 1: Introduction to the science and art of planning and managing events, conferences and exhibitions
• Event concept – effective or appropriate.
• Types of events and events.
• Event / Event Management Concept.
• History of the emergence and development of science and art planning and management of events and conferences.
• Practical terminology used in the science of organizing events.
• Basic rules for holding events.
• Obstacles to organizing events.
• Event management (before the event, during the event, after the conclusion of the event). Workshops and practical work.
Training Module 2: The Art of Managing and Organizing Conferences
• Conference concept.
• The importance of conferences.
• Conference types.
• Planning and preparing for conferences.
• Procedures for the implementation and evaluation of the Conference.
• Actions taken prior to the conference.
• Actions taken during the conference.
• Post-conference procedures.
• In short, how do you prepare a successful conference?
• Important conference terminology.
• Is the organization of conferences and events within the work and responsibilities of the Department of Public Relations only? .
• The practical foundations for the planning and organization of the conference’s work – theories and laws.
• Steps to develop a plan to organize the conference – brainstorming.
• Methods of preparing publications and conference working papers.
• Organization of conference sessions and events.
• Local and global protocol applications in conferences.
• The art of dealing with accompaniment and preparing a program for accompanying.
• Conference logistics.
• The art of dealing with the media before, during and after the conference.
• The art of managing the media center of the conference.
• Ways to follow up the conference.
• Dealing with emergencies of organizational and personal problems and third parties in events, conferences and exhibitions.
• How to design social programs accompanying exhibitions, conferences and events.
• Special needs art in events, conferences and exhibitions.
• Preparation of reports and memos for the work of the Conference.
• Assess the performance of successful conference management.
• Practical examples of local and global conferences.
Module 3: The art of managing and organizing exhibitions
• Exhibition concept.
• History and origin of exhibitions.
• Types of exhibitions.
• The importance of exhibitions.
• Exhibitions are responsible for:
o Marketing Management.
o Public Relations Department.
o Tourist product.
o Organizing Exhibitions Organization.
• Building Exhibition Specialist:
o Job description.
o Participation objectives in exhibitions.
o Organizing participation in exhibitions.
• Exhibition Sponsorship:
o Exhibition income.
o Structural components.
o Interconnection technology.
o Criteria for setting up the exhibition pavilion.
• Important principles for designing the exhibition:
o Lighting and types.
• Attractions for exhibitions.
• Write reports about the exhibition.
• Evaluation of the exhibition.
Module 4: Planning for event, conference and exhibition management
• Annual plan for organizing events.
• Management plans for organizing exhibitions, conferences and events.
• Select areas for organizing conferences, exhibitions and events.
• Informational, structural and logistical steps for organizing an event or event.
• Conditions of successful organization.
• Formulation of objectives.
• How to choose the right time and place for the event.
• Preparation of programs and events associated with exhibitions and conferences.
• “calendar” of events and events .. mechanisms of preparation and early planning.
• Innovation and innovation tools in conference and celebration activities.
• Financial study for exhibitions, conferences and events.
• Marketing study for exhibitions, conferences and events.
• Logistics for exhibitions, conferences and events.
• Determine the quantity and quality of the appropriate food supply and delivery method.
• Organization of events, conferences and exhibitions.
• Preparation for an event, event or exhibition.
• Promotion and marketing of an event, event or exhibition.
• Rental of event venue, conference or exhibition.
• Organization and management of the event, event or exhibition.
• Steps for practical implementation of the event, event or exhibition.
• Managing financial aspects of an event, event or event:
o Prepare the budget for the event, event or exhibition.
o Control expenses according to the budget.
o Determine registration fees.
o Monitoring liquidity.
• Monitor and evaluate the activities of the conference, event or exhibition.
o Monitor the activities of the conference, event or exhibition.
o Deal with implementation problems.
Preparation of the final report.
• Evaluate event, business and activities.
• Evaluation of the post-event planning and organization process.
• Common mistakes in organizing exhibitions, conferences and events.
• Local and international case studies for managing and organizing an event, event and exhibition.
Module 5: Management of the work teams in events, conferences and exhibitions
• Team concept.
• Form the event management team.
• Identify human resources to manage the effectiveness, conference or exhibition.
• Arranging committees for the conference.
• Forming the committees organizing the activities and their tasks.
• The functions and role of the Organizing Committee.
• Forming various committees specialized in the event, conference or exhibition.
• The functions and roles of the committees (public relations, preparatory committee, media committee).
• Manpower management in events, conferences and exhibitions.
• Management of specialized staff and assistants.
• Managing volunteers and the art of employing their energies and dealing with their patterns.
• Mechanisms to train and motivate teams that manage the event, conference or exhibition.
Module 6: Public Relations Department in events, conferences and exhibitions
• Effective communication with the media to cover the event or occasion.
• Prepare a press kit for the occasion.
• Preparing the contents of the publications related to events, conferences and exhibitions and their technical specifications.
• Promotion and publicity mechanisms for events, conferences and exhibitions.
• Steps required to promote and market the event, event or exhibition.
• Mechanisms to develop a plan for the promotion of events, conferences and exhibitions.
• Organizing and arranging events, conferences and exhibitions.
• Preparation of venues and events, conferences and exhibitions.
• The art of inviting participants to events, conferences and exhibitions.
• Communication skills and general relationship skills in events, conferences and exhibitions.
• The art of dealing with the media and its role in the success of events, conferences and exhibitions.
• Reception of participating delegations and procedures for arrival, lodging and departure.
• Organization and management of ceremonies and ceremonies:
o Definition of ceremonies and ceremonies and types.
o Organizing and arranging banquet halls.
o Organizing invitations.
o Arranging receptions and ceremonies.
• Communication skills, management and time planning.
• Security management of events, conferences and exhibitions.
• The various tasks of managing public relations in events, conferences and exhibitions:
o Agreement with the official carrier (airline).
o Termination of Hotel Reservations.
o Organizing the registration process for the conference, exhibition or event.
o Preparation of the scientific program and selection of speakers.
o Planning for media coverage during the event, conference or exhibition.
o Follow-up on the effectiveness management, conference or seminar.
Manage various social activities during the event, conference or exhibition