Mastering Project Management
Mastering Project Management
Date & Location: (5-18/Feb) Jakarta – ( 10-23/ٍٍSep) Istanbul – ( 17-30/Dec) Kuala Lumpur
This training course demonstrates the practice of project management hard and soft skills. It provides a range of tools and techniques that project managers can use to reduce risks and overcome interpersonal hurdles. The seminar presents a number of ‘critical’ habits related to how you manage projects through, and with, people. Issues such as time management, personality types, how to understand and develop your team members, developing your leadership skills, conflict management, negotiation skills, building and motivating your team are comprehensively covered.
- What makes a person a ‘Master’ of Project Management
- The importance of knowing your outcome before you start a project
- The importance of planning and how to manage the Planning Process
- The importance of people management skills in delivering of projects
- How to keep the team focused on the delivery goal
- How to set up and operate disciplines required to monitor and control projects
Who Should Attend?
This course will mainly benefit to purchasing managers, senior buyers, project managers, civil engineers, construction managers, contractors, sub-contractors, site engineers, senior management, and government agencies, architects, construction professionals, and anyone responsible for purchasing at a senior level who seeks to enhance their skills further.
Introduction to Projects
- What is a project?
- Benefits of project management
- Why some projects fail?
- The 5 principles of project management
- Using a project management ‘approach’
- The business case – it’s importance and relevance
- Roles in project management
- Building the project management team
Scoping and Laying the Foundations
- Developing a clear project scope and objectives
- Leadership in projects – what does it mean to you?
- Project paperwork – is it really necessary?
- Stakeholder management – the first stage of risk assessment
- Risk management – ensuring you practice prevention
- Developing your project plan using a robust planning process Stage I
Organising for Success and Gaining & Maintaining Commitment
- Developing your project plan using a robust planning process Stage II
- Personal attitudes and human behaviours
- Effective influence and persuasion
- Empowerment through effective delegation
- Understanding interpersonal relationships and the impact on performance
Monitoring and Controlling Projects
- Tracking you are still delivering the project – data information
- Managing the tensions
- Further developing your people (soft) skills
- Lessons learned and creating learning culture
- Knowledge transfer
- The Project Support Office
Staying Focused, Delivering and Closing Your Project
- Decision making for success
- An introduction to creative thinking
- Personal time management – the impact on projects
- Meeting skills
- Formally closing the project
- Celebrating success