Advanced : Archiving Management
Advanced : Archiving Management
Date & Location: (19-23/Feb) Kuala Lumpur – ( 10-14/Sep) Istanbul
The Electronic Records Management (ERM) training provides a detailed coverage of records management in the electronic environment for people working in both the public and private sector. Through attendance in this program, delegates will be able to consolidate their current position and standing, as well as prepare for future career development in a more senior role in the management and development of an organization’s records and information management strategy.
- A comprehensively developed file plan enables organizations to find their information effectively. Correctly filed and stored records are more easily accessible, which facilitates good governance, transparencyand accountability and
regarded as an internationally recognized best practice.
- Organizations are able to perform their functions successfully and efficiently because the flow of information is orderly and efficient.
- Trustworthy records are created and maintained in accordance with record keeping systems which mirror the business processes and activities of the organization.
- Eliminating the unnecessary duplication of records ensures efficiency and better economies of scale.
Who Should Attend?
The Electronic Records Management (ERM) training is designed for Business Managers, IT Managers, Compliance Officers, Archivists, Librarians, Risk Managers, Records Managers and Information Managers, as well as for solution providers, sales consultants, project managers, and technical staff.
ERM Strategic Component – (Why ERM?)
- Understand ERM business drivers
- Be able to do a “wake up call” about the need for best practice ERM
- Make an explicit link between ERM and the current situation
- Demonstrate how ERM affects each user
- Understand the concepts of ERM and show how it supports information challenges
- Identify necessary resources and responsibilities for implementing ERM
- Explore the implications of a strategic ERM decision
- Gain commitment for change
- What’s involved?
- Who’s responsible?
- Case Studies
ERM Concept Component – (What is ERM?) – Part A
- Understand Records Management terminology
- Understand the life cycle of records with focus on electronic records
- Consider the sources of records and appropriate capture mechanisms
- Explain the concepts of classification and different approaches depending on local business needs
- Review current metadata standards and guidelines
- Understand search and retrieval
- Explore different levels of access control and permissions
ERM Concept – Part B
- Determine retention or disposal
- Creating records, Classification Schemes
- Review digital preservation techniques
- Determine migration
- Agree upon ERM administration and audit
- Identify necessary legislation, standards and regulation
- Understand discovery, disclosure and related issues
ERM Process Component – (How to implement ERM?)
- Manage an ERM program consisting of several coordinated projects
- Identify the new roles, responsibilities and organizational structure to provide governance and management of an ERM facility
- Understand “Concept of Operations” as a shared vision of an ERM future
- Develop an Information Survey – what information do we have?
- Develop a Business Case for ERM
- Identify the business requirements of the ERM system
- Develop and implement a Business Classification Scheme
- Explain the details of user groups and users
- Understand the impact of implementing ERM on the organization’s IT infrastructure
- Understand Pilot Implementation / Model Office
- Define and explain the roll-out stage of ERM projects
- Recognize steps involved with sustaining ERM after implementation and realizing the benefits
- Post-workshop Case Study
Day 5. Managing Documents & Records in the Cloud
- Understanding “The Cloud”
- Different “Cloud” and deployment models
- Advantages and disadvantages of cloud storage
- Discussing the implications for records management
- Determining whether the cloud is right for your organizations